Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Priyanka Chopra talks about Aseem Merchant making a biopic on the early days of her career..modelling days

Priyanka Chopra talks about Aseem Merchant making a biopic on the early days of her career.
Priyanka Chopra talks about Aseem Merchant making a biopic on the early days of her career.

After a fantabulous run at the movies, Priyanka Chopra is setting her career to a new tune. With her third single, I can't make you love me, the actor talks about scaling new heights and her love for music…

After a fantabulous run at the movies, Priyanka Chopra is setting her career to a new tune. With her third single, I can't make you love me, the actor talks about scaling new heights and her love for music…

   
to help us personalise your reading experience.

The Priyanka effect was evident as Priyanka Chopra held the audience spell-bound at a snazzy night club in Mumbai, as she belted out her latest single, I can't make you love me.

Earlier, the actor-songstress had created ripples with her first single In My City and followed it later with Exotic. With her third single, I can't make…Chopra has become music's most exciting new muse, not only in India, but also on the international scene. If the actressturned-singer, looking cool in fashion designer Ami Patel's crop top with a black sheer skirt, accessorised with gold and black bracelets, was nervous, she did not show it.

"I wanted two of my singles to come out before I started doing live shows. I had to try my hand at this, but didn't know if I could do it. And it was right to perform first in Mumbai, because of the love and support I have got from this city. In fact, I try to celebrate my music whenever possible in India," said Chopra as she readied herself for her very first stage performance.

Exuding energy and confidence, Chopra set the tempo for the evening as she grooved to the racy beat, like a true pop singer, and wowed everyone, especially the sceptical media who was stunned into silence. So, when one pesky journalist asked her to sing the song unplugged without the music, husked Chopra, "Are you testing me?" She nevertheless picked up the gauntlet to silence the doubting Thomases and sang the moving break-up song with verve, once again.

Most of us sang along with her, when she crooned her first single In My City, that she had collaborated with will.i.am. The dance- pop track was first released exclusively on Nokia Music Store India, followed by copies of the single, which sold around 130,000 copies in its first week!

Exotic, her second, and the lead single of Chopra's untitled debut album was selected as the theme song for Guinness International Champion Cup in 2013. Written by Pitbull and Chopra, it became the number one song on iTunes India. It debuted at number 16 on Billboard's Dance/Electronic songs and number 11 on Dance/electronic digital songs chart.

Pretty extraordinary for someone who has never taken any singing lessons! Going solo for, I can't make you love me, however, has her exceptionally excited.

Chopra said in a clipping of the making of the song, "This is the first time that there is no
guest or collaborator and that makes it very, very exciting. I don't know whether people will like it,

0 comments:

Post a Comment