Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

CESC FABREGAS LATEST NEWS,UPDATES,PHOTOS,VIDEOS ALL HERE

Cesc Fabregas joins Chelsea: Arsenal turned down option to re-sign midfielder

The 27-year-old, who is away on World Cup duty with Spain, has joined on a five-year contract and will wear the No 4 shirt at Stamford Bridge.


Arsenal had first option after his 2011 move from the Emirates to the Nou Camp but, when he decided to return to the Premier League, his old club were not interested.


READ MORE: FABREGAS STATEMENT IN FULL

ARSENAL PLAN £3.5M VELA BUY-BACK

WENGER IN BRAZIL TO CHECK ON TRANSFER TARGETS

 


"I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return," Fabregas said in a slightly provocative statement. "Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well."


Fabregas is Chelsea's first confirmed summer signing but the deal for Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid is as good as done, as Chelsea respond to a trophy-less season.


With Fabregas and Costa joining January signings Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah, Chelsea should be even stronger next season.


"I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice," Fabregas said, after signing the deal. "They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad and an incredible manager. I can't wait to start playing."

0 comments:

Post a Comment